Oil Absorption Basic System
DABS is an oil absorption system to determine structure of carbon black and silica, as well as oil absorption of other powder material, also known as DPB absorption, DBP number or DOP number. The data treatment for recording of a full mixing curve was initially developed as of 1996 by HITEC Luxembourg and is since then constantly further extended to satisfy increasing performance requirements. The curve fitting by a polynomial of 3rd order was a result of this initial development and has been introduced as “procedure B” in ASTM D2414. A dedicated data acquisition system only, to connect to old model absorptometers is at the base of the full model absorptometer DABS. It can still be acquired as DADS-TERM to enhance such classic absorptometers.
- Compact design with small table footprint
- Fits standard mixing chambers, while safety cage allows for easy access to chamber for filling and cleaning
- Selectable variable rotor speed and oil debit rate
- Supports several burette models
- Mixing Chamber Extension Funnel for testing of fluffy materials (DABS-MCEF)
- Mixing Chamber Temperature Control (DABS-MCCB, DABS-MCTS, DABS-CBQC)