We offer our clients comprehensive solutions: from analysis to consulting, from development and implementation of customer-specific solutions up to installation and maintenance. In all these phases a close cooperation with clients and partners to spot exactly the needs and requirements is essential.
Two examples of our customer-specific solutions are AMSC, an automated sampling cutting instrument and SEDU, a single end dipping unit for material & process development.
Automated Metravib Sampling Cutting (AMSC)
TRIMMING OF RUBBER TEST SAMPLES FOR METRAVIB DYNAMIC MECHANICAL ANALYSER DMA*
The AMSC is designed for preparing samples to be tested on a Metravib dynamic tester (DMA), in a way to minimize variations on the sample and its measuring results, which may be caused by operator influence (e.g. irregularities in the cutting edges). Furthermore, the use of this equipment reduces significantly the risk of injuries compared to the manual off-cutting of sample material.
The standard instrument is factory adjusted for samples of 10 mm diameter, build with three blocks of length of 14 mm and two rubber sheets of approximate thickness of 2 mm – other dimension are possible.
*) The DMA is available from 01dB-Metravib, 200 Chemin des Ormeaux, F-69578 Limonest, France
- Precise and reproducible cutting of rubber edges
- Minimizes risk of injuries compared to manual cutting
- Typical sample dimensions:
- diameter 10 mm
- three steel blocks of 14 mm length
- two rubber sheets of 2 mm thickness
Single End Dipping Unit (SEDU)
LABORATORY SIZE SINGLE END DIPPING UNIT FOR MATERIAL & PROCESS DEVELOPMENT FOR REINFORCING YARN AND VALIDATION OF YARN-TO-RUBBER ADHESION
SEDU is a modular system to process a single yarn such that it is fully tension controlled from un-winding of standard bobbins, through dipping, through drying and finally up-winding on bobbins for further handling. The master controller handles multiple stretching zones in regulated tension mode or fixed speed ratio, it controls temperature of the ovens, and it meters and monitors the process in retrievable data files, while conditions can be changed on-the-fly.
It can be used to revamp existing laboratory systems (e.g. Computreater® from Litzler) or be adapted to other machine designs. It can even be proposed as new, typically custom designed installations.
- Modular number of zones, dipping stations or drying ovens – any combination is possible
- Master-slave drive motor system – any motor can be master
- Regulated yarn tension or fixed speed ratio, individually selected for every zone
- Very precise and reproducible process conditions – can be changed on-the-fly
- Fast stabilization of tensions concurrently in all zones and extremely stable conditions
- Unwind station with unique tension-controlled yarn buffer for on-the-fly change-over of feeding bobbin